June 14, 2010

Gordon

I'm running late with my post this week. Things have been busy insane! Not to busy to help the shelter pups but a bit busy to write about it.

Gordon was nameless Saturday morning when I started my session with him. Talk about a busy little boy! He is about 7 months old and "stinkin' cute"!








I wish I'd have had someone there to video me trying to get a Thundershirt on this kid! Holy Cow!









Finally I wrestled one on his and this is the final product.



Somehow this angel failed his behavior test and was written up as aggressive. Oookay, he must have really adjusted to his surroundings by the time I saw him. Yes, he is frantic to get out of that kennel and get to playing but the worst he is gonna do is run your hide ragged :-)

So, how did I end up calling him Gordon? Well the first name that came to me was "Spaz" but I believe an animal will take on characteristics of what we name them. Not because they know the difference but because of the attitudes one projects when they say their name.

Example: Picture a big, strong, muscular dog named "Killer". What are your thoughts? Now picture that same dog and call it "Cupcake". Any difference? You bet there is.

So ruling out Spaz I try Flash on for size. Flash is okay, kinda. But I want him to grow into a dignified calm boy. Flash...Gordon.....Gordon! That's it!

Meet Gordon!

Hopefully he can be reevaluated and charm his tester the way he has charmed several of the volunteers.














Remember Max from previous posts? He was a barker to no end. This was his 3rd session and I could not be more proud of him. He barked a little but not much.

Check out shy, timid Max watching the Canine Good Citizen class going on behind us! Not a peep. I took this as my queue to teach him some fine leash manners. For a first lesson it wasn't bad at all.

Max is looking for a rescue to take him in and help him become the confident boy he is learning to become.



I sooooo love this boy.

Finally I worked with Linus. Linus is 10 months old and is a Mastiff x American Bulldog...and quite the looker. Problem is he has torn ligaments in both of his back legs and hip dysplasia! Each step he takes is filled with pain and contributes to a lifetime of arthritis.

His surgery is going to be incredibly expensive but he is the sweetest dog you would hope to meet. This big lug thinks he is a lap dog. He is a baby you know! If you are so inclined to make a tax deductible donation toward his care you can do so here - Donation for Linus!

Just say it is for Linus!

No comments:

Post a Comment