June 26, 2010

Max & Carly

I think I'm smitten with Max! Max has joined the ranks of the shelter dogs that have really gotten under my skin. Out of the hundreds of dogs I've worked with at the shelter I have 5 that that hold an extra special place in my heart: Elektra, Alfie, Sam (aka Magnum), Princess (aka Lucille) and now Max!


Just 4 visits ago this little guy was petrified! He avoided touch like the plague. Today I spent an hour with him and had a ball. He was so excited to see me today.

Max has blossomed into a happy and carefree puppy. He is playing with toys, sitting on my lap & giving kisses and no longer barks at things! He has "sit" nailed!! We worked on "stay" and "down" a little bit and I'm sure next time I see him he will have that nailed too. Such a smart little boy. He is still looking for a rescue to take him in and help him find his forever family.

Max's litter mate Carly is so full of energy. She couldn't wait to get out of the kennel. When she did she wanted to run, run and run some more. So far the best way to work with Carly is to do touches while she is laying down trying to kill a stuffie! With more sessions I'm sure she will calm down and start learning some things.

Shelter life is so hard for a puppy that really just wants to play.

What a happy girl she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment