February 15, 2010

Happy President's Day!

I'm so happy I had a holiday from work today. The sun was shining and the sky was crystal clear. No better place to start my day than at the shelter!

Zorro's foster mom told me about a darling pit girl named Cassadee. I've been watching her on the website and she has the most incredible smile. Looking at her intake picture I never would have dreamed this girl with a million dollar smile could possibly have a care in the world.



Remember when we all learned not to judge a book by its cover? Well this is one of those times. You see, Cassadee is a Distemper survivor!

Thankfully she is alive and a very happy girl. Unfortunately it has left her with some neurological damage. Cassedee's eyes are a bit "off" and she is pretty loose in her legs. When she walks she kind of reminds me of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

Cassadee was very friendly and enjoyed the touches I did on her. We did Tarantulas Pulling the Plow, Python Lifts, and lots of Ear Work. She loved it all.

I put a body wrap on her and she handled it well.



Just to see what happened I put scrunchies on her feet and then encouraged her to walk with some targeting exercises. I didn't see that the scrunchies made a difference.



Knowing that what I do to one side I should do to the other I switched them around and when I did she started walking normally. I had a double take and had her walk more and more so I could confirm what I was seeing.

I don't know how long the change will last but for today Cassadee is walking like any other dog.

I came armed with a list of dogs that needed new photos taken for their adoption page and here are some of the dogs I had the honor and privileged of working with today.


Shirley




Rigby




Lucas




Nina




Chica (Steve named this little girl) :-)


When I got to the shelter I ran into my friend Stephanie who was working with one of the most stunning dogs I've seen....George Forman! Not only is this dog amazing to look at hie is one heck of a sweetheart! I took photos of him and Stephanie just cuz they were so darned cute. George isn't going to need my help to get adopted.


George Forman and Stephanie


It is my sincere hope that my TTouch will lift the dogs spirits, calm their minds and awaken them to new possibilities. And I hope that my photos show their beautiful personalities so just the right person will discover what a treasure these special dogs are!

No comments:

Post a Comment