February 4, 2010

Important - Please Read








Most of you know how near and dear the Escondido Humane Society is to my heart. If for some reason you don't please keep reading my blog and you will soon see why I have a special passion for this shelter.

Not only do I enjoy spending time with these dogs but they have become teachers on my path to becoming a Certified TTouch Practitioner. What they have given to me is immeasurable! Words cannot express my gratitude.

January, 2001 in the middle of the night the shelter was burned to the ground. 115 animals were killed in the fire. They rebuilt. This Summer they have a Million Dollar balloon payment due on the property.

Every once in a lifetime a miracle occurs. This miracle came in the form of an anonymous donor who has offered to match raised funds up to $1,000,000! Can you imagine having the ability to do something like that??? That is my lotto dream. But in the meantime it is some wonderful person's reality.

Volunteers and Staff have brainstormed on ways to raise money to pay the mortgage. One standard fundraiser is Paws in the Park.

I have never in my life done a Walk-a-Thon in my life but I want to participate. I want to help repay all that the animals have given to me. The best way I know how it to raise donations through this Walk-a-Thon so the mortgage can be paid and the shelter can move forward with their mission to rehome the homeless.



Escondido Humane Society is a blessing to the animals. I've seen fancy boarding kennels that don't offer as much TLC as animals at the shelter get. They have volunteers to train them, bathe them and talk them for walks and Adventure Days. Others sit and read to a stressed or ill dog. I have the opportunity to practice my TTouch and the list goes on and on. The staff and the volunteers adore these animals and want only the best for them.


Yes, I have a big goal. But if everyone did a little bit I can get there. Will you help me? Any amount would be most appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment