July 7, 2010

Santa Fe, NM


Well here I am! I'm in Santa Fe, NM with Linda Tellington-Jones my mentor, Cynde and about 25+ TTouch students. It is quite apparent that TTouch is alive and well.....and growing!

This session is my 4th and very important to me because when I leave Santa Fe I will be a Practitioner in Training and I will have quite a few more privileges.

This afternoon we were joined by a local group that trains Service Dogs. Some of these dogs were young and for others "being a youngster" was some time ago. As soon as the dogs were introduced I knew exactly who I wanted to work with.

Meet Romeo!

Romeo is a retired service dog. At 15 years old this fine gentleman is experiencing the pain of arthritis. As if the arthritis in the back end isn't enough he has bad pain in front too from over compensating. Jill's wishes for Romeo is that his remaining time is filled with as much comfort as possible. We want Romeo to be as free from pain as he can be and to be able to receive pleasure....just for the pleasure of it.



I worked on Romeo's entire body with a warming Abalone TTouch and made note of where he was open to touch and where he had his concerns. Because he has pain I used a very light touch. I also wanted to wake up his cells and help his body reconnect with itself.

Romeo allowed me to do work on his ears, face and muzzle getting more and more relaxed. Since his legs have pain I wanted to do some Raccoon TTouches and Snail Tail TTouches to reduce pain and inflammation. Romeo retracted his front leg when I touched it so I honored what he told me and moved to another. As his trust in me built up and he knew I was there to help him and that I would listen to his concerns he allowed me to work on all 4 of his legs. I did the pain and inflammation reducing touches and also did some Python Lifts on his legs. Just for the pure pleasure of it and also to help his body connect I did some Tarantulas Pulling The Plow along the entire length of his body.

Now that Romeo was a pool of Jell-o on his bed it was time to show Jill how she can work with him at home. We practiced Lying Leopards and Raccoon TTouches. To help Jill get a good feel for the work I put my hand on top of hers and together we made the touches along Romeo's body. After that Jill was up and running on her own.

Romeo is so fortunate that he has someone that loves him so very much. He is fed a species appropriate raw diet and has not had vaccines for years. 15 years old is incredible for a large dog. He is a happy and healthy boy and now Jill has tools to help him through his senior years.

Thank you Jill for sharing your precious boy with me.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day for you , Romeo and Jill.He sure looks relaxed. Love you,Mom

    ReplyDelete