September 10, 2009

Ponderings

Wednesday when I worked with Sam I decided to put a wrap on him for the first time. I did a 1/4 wrap with a 2" bandage. He tolerated it okay and I only left it on a short time. But while it was on I noticed trembling in his back right leg.....the one that had the worst injuries.

I also noticed his skin is more reactive now. I got some trembling in the skin in the hind quarters while working with him.

We set up our sheet and worked in the front lawn and I don't know if he was trembling because other dogs were around or if it was a sensitivity to his skin. Either way he would let out a low quite growl. Not threatening in any way and easily reassured.

We moved to an outdoor enclosure and I set up plastic chairs to form a circle around us to give him some privacy from the other dogs. He was happy with that.

Could the sensitivity in his skin be because the nerve endings are healing? I'd think the damage he sustained would have caused nerve damage and possibly he did not feel the extent of his pain in the beginning.

Sam is the most precious being and is so loving and trusting even with all he has been through. He is so fortunate to have wound up at Escondido Humane Society!

------------------

And what blog posting would be complete without a cute picture? This is what Alfie wanted to do during his session. Me thinks I have competition for Alfie's affections!

Pumpkin & Alfie

No comments:

Post a Comment