November 5, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again!

Life is beginning to return to normal post surgery!


Although I need to be careful and have help moving the dogs around I can still work on them. I love it!!!

So last night I was at the shelter and had the opportunity to work on a litter of 7 three-month old Chihuahua Mix puppies. I'd visited them before they were "Adoptable" and they were frightened and cowering in their crate. Last night they weren't much different but one by one they allowed me to do touches on them and all but three of them became quite relaxed.


Today I noticed that one of them has been adopted. The great news is that the little ones never last long. I'll bet within a week all will be in forever homes.

Next I spent some time with Spunky. Whoever named this boy was dead on! A friend at the shelter took him out and let him pay really hard to wear him out before I worked with him. I can't imagine what this happy go lucky fella would have been like if I'd seen him fresh out of the kennel.


This weekend I plan to work with Spunky in the Confidence Course. I think he is in need of mental stimulation and a different sort of challenge.

Next was Lola's turn. When I first met Lola a few months ago I was stunned at how beautiful she was. Lately she has developed a bad rash, her coat has lost its sparkle and she is becoming depressed.


Lola and I had a great time and she was so receptive to the touch. At one point we laid down together on my sheet and cuddled and did touches. When Mark came back to transport her back he commented on how happy she looked.

This weekend Lola will get her turn in the confidence course but for a different reason than Spunky. I want to calm Spunky a few notches....and I want to lift Lola's spirits. Isn't it really cool that the same tool can be used to obtain different results?

Lola made my heart sing last night and now its my turn to make hers sing.

Amanda is a hound mix. I should read up on hounds because I really don't know much about that group of dogs. What I do know is Amanda is big! And she is beautiful. Her neck is fascinating, so long and graceful.


Amanda's only issue is she really doesn't care much for her next door kennel neighbor, Tex. Somehow he just rubs her the wrong way. Tex went to his new home today so I expect Amanda is doing the happy dance right about now.

I don't think Amanda will be a long term client. She just needed a bit of TLC and stress relief last night and I was quite happy to be of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment