November 13, 2010

Busy day!

It has been awhile since I've had an opportunity to get to the shelter.  Today was the day!  Oh, and I also had 2 private appointments on the books as well.

Molly, the Adorable


Meet Buster.  

He is a precious Rottie/Pit mix puppy.  He is a "Singleton" meaning he has no siblings.  One problem we see with singletons is they don't learn bit inhibition very well.  That is where we are with Buster.  He has been too mouthy with some and has reportedly growled over food.  Not a good thing in a shelter environment.  Even though he is only 8 weeks old there is little tolerance for a mouthy and pushy puppy.

Buster and I had a great time doing TTouch, playing and some clicker training.  Because he has some concerns related to food I held a treat closed in my hand and clicked and treated as soon as he backed away from pawing, or licking my hand.

Please say a prayer and think good thoughts for Buster and I as we work together to improve his manners and give him a sense of security.  He needs to make progress quickly before it is too late for him.


Then there is Molly.

Almost a month ago I saw this picture of Molly and was dying to work with her.  I asked around but nothing came of it.  I continued to look at her picture on the website and send TTouches her way.  Well today I finally got to meet this little one.

I don't know how old Molly is but she is just a baby pittie girl.  Molly was hit by a car and has much of the same neurological issues as Aurora.  Just like Aurora she spins to the left.

Molly was amazing as soon as I put a body wrap on her.  All of a sudden she was walking straighter and with purpose.  She still spun a bit but not even close to what she had done prior.  We spent an hour doing TTouch, playing, more TTouch, cuddling and more TTouch.  I just adore this little girl.



Next I worked with a dog named Ned.  Ned's "parents" are so giving to dogs in need that when I heard their boy Ned had a bum leg I wanted to see if there was something TTouch could do to help. 

We did some touches, belly lifts and practiced the balance lead so Ned won't pull so much causing more stress and damage to his leg. 

Pete and Jennifer were surprised that Ned would take treats from me.  He never takes treats from other people.  Because of the way TTouch builds trust and reduces stress I wasn't very surprised at all  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment