May 15, 2010

The 3 C's

Camelot, Cooper and Carlee


Today was our final session...well officially it was. I have no doubt I'll be seeing these sweethearts again down the road. My goal for today was to make sure that Cathleen was comfortable doing the touches and answer any questions she had.

As usual Cooper was first on my lap but Cami made sure she got her's too! Carlee is very laid back and really enjoys the touch but at the same time takes a back seat to Cooper and Cami.

The last couple sessions Cami has been doing something quite unusual. Something I've never seen with any other dog. At certain points in the work, when I'm doing Heart Hugs or touches to her chest her ears take on a life of their own. Normally they hang down like Doxie ears should.

Then as I start to work on her chest she starts moving her head almost like she is stretching and then the "ear thing' happens. The left ear kinda folds over itself and the right ear sticks straight out!



Here she is stretching her head and the ears are beginning to transform.










I'll be asking others involved in the work if they have seen anything like this before. I'd be curious if it has any significance.




I'd like to share something Cathleen said:
Cooper really likes TTouch.... which makes quite a bit of sense, seeing how his poor little body was so disconnected from itself for the first 5+ years of his life that he battled with a liver shunt, bladder stones and multiple infections throughout his body. I truely believe TTouch felt so wonderful to Cooper because it helped him to finally be one with his whole body...Cami on the other hand is a different dog from the first session to today.

This case study has really taken on a life of its own. Some may say "by chance" and others may say it was "in the plan" but a simple email asking a local rescue if they had a dog I could work on has really brought joy to my life. I have met some very knowledgeable ladies who are dedicated to the health and well-being of dogs. I have learned much from them and there is so much more to learn.

When people say that you receive more than you give doing this work they couldn't be any more correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment