May 14, 2010

A Little Bird.........

On the way into the office today I saw two guys kneeling down with something in their hands. Turns out it was a little yellow and green/gray bird. they had seen the bird fly into the window and fall to the ground and were holding it trying to decide what to do.

None of us know how to help this little one. Its left foot looked broken and it was holding its neck at a backward angle like it was looking up at the sky. He handed me the bird and I sat quietly talking to it and doing little tiny TTouches with my fingernail. At one point the bird which was facing away from me turned around and looked at me. A little later he fluffed up and it looked like he was doing really good (considering) so I put him on some soft ivy to see if he could rest there. He wouldn't have any part of it and wanted back into my hand.

The guys and I talked and thought it would be best if I took him with me and called Project Wildlife. Unfortunately this little one passed away in my hand on the elevator ride up to my office :-( I know the odds are slim for a little bird in its condition, they are so very fragile. But I'm sad. I've never held anything while it died before. He never even closed his eyes. He just relaxed while looking at me and left.

I'm thankful for the guys that stopped so he didn't have to die by himself hurting and scared.

Although TTouch didn't help him get better I do believe he liked it enough he didn't want to stop looking at me with soft eyes or get out of my hand. I think TTough gave him peace through his pain and helped ease his transition.

Rest well little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment