July 9, 2010

Kindred Spirits

Oscar


Okay, so I couldn't wait! I just have to write about Kindred Spirits. Kindred Spirits is a 501C non profit dedicated to end-of-life and hospice care for unwanted dogs, horses and poultry.

Yesterday our TTouch class visited Kindred Spirits to share our love with these very special animals.

Now some may thinks that visiting a hospice situation would be an emotionally painful experience. These animals are elderly, broken and/or dying. What I found at Kindred Spirits was not a bunch of sad and pitiful animals. No, what I found was animals that are different from others but as one with their peers. All of these animals lived in harmony with each other and are at peace.

Let me introduce you to a few of my new friends.

This is Ralphie. He is 16 years old and is mourning the loss of his best friend and Bassett Hound Brother, Junior. Junior passed last year and though Ralphie is surrounded by buddies it just isn't the same. Ralphie has arthritis and pain in his legs and hips.

Eskaya is a lovely dog that is about 15 years old. Her past is not known but she was so free with her love and greetings for all of us that you could not help but reach out to her.

The dog I'm spending time with in this picture is Lilia Rose and my new friend Kathy is working with Gracie. Lilia Rose is about 14 years old and was emaciated and fearful upon coming to Kindred Spirits. She is nearly blind but has learned to trust. Sure looks like she is enjoying her TTouch to me!


I went there with the intention of bringing joy and love to these animals. I did that. But they gave me so much more. I left with a full heart and confirmation that this is an area that will be at the heart of TouchNpaws!

No comments:

Post a Comment