August 18, 2010

Busy week!

Oh my gosh what a busy week this has been.

You have to see the darlings I worked with at the shelter on Saturday.

Silly Trooper boy!

Trooper is no longer showing any signs of being stressed.  Quite the opposite!  Look at this sweet clown.

Frankie is "Stinkin' Cute", says I

Frankie is getting more and more handsome every day.  I love how he roars like a lion.  Really brings a smile to my face.

Baby Huey
Baby Huey is one big boy and so very smart.  He knows how to sit, lay down, shake with BOTH paws and Saturday I started to teach him "Touch".  I found out he is also tender hearted and very in tune to the person he is with.

As I worked with Baby Huey a young girl drove by and it was clear she was upset.  She circled back to me and told me she had accidentally hit a dog that was running loose and she was bringing it to the shelter to see if they could help.  I directed her where to go and then I sat there and said a little prayer in my head for the dog, the vet that would try to help and for the girl.  Huey was sitting in front of me facing the other way and couldn't have known that a tear had slid down my cheek.  But he did know.  Huey turned round and licked the tear away and buried that big head on my shoulder.  He is going to be a wonderful pet for someone.

Pretty Willow
Then I got to work with Willow!  What a beauty she is.  She came to the shelter and lost a puppy that was still born.  This is really hard on the Momma dogs.  She has been feeling down and we thought TTouch just might cheer her up.  Do you think it worked?

Have I ever mentioned that working with the shelter dogs feeds my soul?  Come to think of it, I'm sure I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment