August 21, 2010

San Diego Humane Society - TTouch Happy Hour Lecture

San Diego Humane Society offers "Happy Hour Lectures" on various pet topics once a month.  This month my Mentor - Cynde, another Practitioner in Training - Mary, and myself were asked to do a presentation on Tellington TTouch.

We had a wonderful turnout of 43 participants and raised $516 for the shelter.

As Cynde talks about Ear TTouches I deomonstrate how to do them on my demo dog, Jake.


After seeing the demo it was time for everyone to practice on their own ear.  The Ear Work is so very important because it influences the vital statistics and can bring respiration under control and can actually prevent an animal (or a human) from going into shock.


We use several different leash configurations in Tellington TTouch.  Mary is demonstrating the Balance Leash.



Cynde wrapped things up by doing a demo on a dog and a cat. 

I have always enjoyed teaching friends how to do TTouch on their animal.  In my week long sessions I have valued the opportunity to work with newer students and help them learn the work.  So far I have presented to the Whippet group and co-taught at the Humane Society.  It's official!  I love sharing the gift of Tellington TTouch with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment