August 1, 2010

Update on little Jack!

Nicole is the Kennel Manager at the shelter and also the short-term foster mom for Jack.  Yesterday she promised to keep me updated on how he is doing.  Bless her heart she has kept her word  :-)

Turns out Jack is a totally different dog now that he is at her house.  He loves her Boxer x Pit girl, Darla and Darla is pretty fond of Jack too.  She is letting him jump on her and even pull on her lips like puppies will do!

All signs of Jacks shyness are gone.  He is eating and drinking, running and playing, even going potty outside like a big boy.  Dogs usually do much better after leaving a shelter environment but this little guy is just exceptional in every way.

Nicole will be sending me pictures tomorrow and I'll ask if I can share them here.  Jack has a fan club that reaches 'round the world thanks to all of you that read my blog and my entire TTouch family.

More good news!  I heard from my friend Steph.  She will be doing the longer term foster for Jack once he has his surgery and has given me the green light to continue working with him then too.   As soon as Nicole and Jack are ready I'll bring over all my harnesses and we will pick one out that is just his color!

We are all pulling for Jack to make a complete recovery, mentally and physically.  I'd say we are well on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment