August 12, 2010

Greater San Diego Whippet Club TTouch Demo


Whippets everywhere!  The Greater San Diego Whippet Club invited me to come share about Tellington TTouch at their annual meeting.

The dogs had some off leash fun at Fiesta Island and then settled in while their people enjoyed a wonderful potluck and tried their hand at TTouch.



I had the help of some really great models.

Dazzle and I showed how to do Lying Leopards and Ear Work.







This is a Thundershirt.

I'm sure Cedric enjoyed the warmth as much as the comforting pressure of the shirt's design.











Temperatures dropped and the wind picked up.

Both people and doggies were bundled up.







My friend Jo made the observation that possibly one of the reason Whippets are so calm is because they are often swaddled in Jackets and Coats very similar to a Thundershirt.

Cedric wears the 1/2 wrap



Red wears his Tellington TTouch Step-In Harness.

Here we are getting ready to teach everyone how to use the Balance Lead.


See the beautiful boy in the tent?  That is Tommy, he is being trained by Freedom Dogs to be a hero for our heroes that have returned from war.  Freedom Dogs are trained to help with post traumatic syndrome and other challenges our worriers face as they enter back into their former lives.

I have been invited to do a demo for this incredible group. 

Tellington TTouch has brought so many wonderful people and opportunities into my life.  Now I have been given the chance to play a small part in this gift to our military.  I look forward to meeting with those that are training these very special dogs and showing them ways that TTouch can be integrated into their training.  Finally a way for me to thank these brave men and women for their own personal sacrifice for my freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment