December 6, 2009

A Better Day




Yesterday I revisited the handsome Zorro and we had a much better session.

Zorro had been to his socialization class earlier in the day and was over stimulated. I was glad to see he was able to leave that behind him and was far more relaxed and calm with me.

This time I worked with him alone in the back yard for a bit. He wore his TTouch Body Wrap and was fitted with a Step In Harness. Zorro was still an excited boy as we worked but with touches and a couple quick time-outs he was a willing student.

One way I worked on calming Zorro was to do some walking Touches. He was too excited to hold still so we'd walk and do a few touches and walk some more.

I'd set up some cones for us to use and a small ladder to step through. Zorro did really well with the cones and needed some coaxing to go through the ladder.

Toward the end of the session Jan came out and I showed her how to use the Super Balance Leash.



We talked about options for making his walks more thoughtful without having to use all the cones & poles. Jan is able walk him around trees and rocks, over different textures and do things out of the norm.

Today I got an update from Jan and she has incorporated a lot of what we talked about already today. I think Zorro is really set up on a path for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment