December 14, 2009

Yeah! We have the Water figured out!

Our biggest concern (other than the obvious) was finding a way to make it easier for Marley to drink water. Today my friend, and breeder of my other two Frenchies, Joyce came up with a perfect solution. Back to the crocks that screw on the side of the crate but she found ones that are big enough for a flat face dog!



We also started a little Passive Range of Motion exercises for his legs. His big, strong, beefy legs are already starting to atrophy. Amazing! Just a week ago he was running and playing.....now we are dealing with helping him drink water and atrophy muscle.

One one of his potty breaks I put the terry cloth scrunchies on his ankles. I don't think he noticed. I put them on again tonight during his TTouch session and his exercises. You never know when these nerves are gonna kick in and he will notice. He watched me as I moved his legs. Wonder what he thinks of all this.

I continue doing zig zags while crossing over his top line. I'm trying to "connect the dots" for him because I know he has feeling in some areas and I'm not sure about some of the other areas. I guess I think I can move the feeling from one area to another or that the area with limited feeling will "accidentally" feel something in the process. I do Python lifts on his legs and Abalone lifts on areas I feel may be tense. He enjoys the special attention from Momma but we keep the sessions short.

Marley sleeps a lot which is so healing for his body. Steve and I are so thankful that he is not in pain and is so calm and peaceful.

Next hurdle to jump is getting Marley to have a bowel movement. The doc said it is not a concern unless he still hasn't "gone" 5 days after he started eating normally. The clock started last night as Marley is eating like a champ...and as of tonight he can drink water at will.



Hopefully both those things will help us jump that next hurdle.

My next steps are to research where we can take him for Hydrotherapy and Acupuncture.

No comments:

Post a Comment