December 12, 2009

December 12 - Marley Update




This morning we visited Marley and were so happy to hear that he pee'd on his own! He is not yet standing but with support he is starting to put a little weight on his feet and getting a little stronger.

It was really nice that we were able to visit in a exam room rather than in ICU.

Since he hasn't been eating I did some gentle Belly Lifts to see if that would stimulate his appetite a bit.



We offered him food and he ended up eating a small jar of chicken baby food by licking it off my fingers.



I do different touches all over him. Raccoons close to the incision, Abalone touches with a lift to relax the body, snail tails to help with pain, and python lifts on his legs. I don't know what he feels on his legs by my intention is to focus the body's healing energies on the damaged nerves and I'm also asking any dormant nerves and his healthy ones to take over and do the job of the broken ones. Right now I'm just letting my hands move on their own accord and with love all over him.




We spend a lot of time talking with him and telling him how proud of him we are. WE can't wait to get him back home with us.


Soon Marley is tired and we kiss him good-bye and promise that we'll be back later.

Today was spent figuring out how we will house him when he gets home. We created one scenario after another. Just as we got one idea perfected we found a major flaw and had to start over. We want everything perfect and don't want any mistakes.

I think we pretty much have it set now.

When we visited again tonight Marley looked fantastic.



He was spunkier but we were unable to get him to eat. This concerns me but the doctor said it isn't a big deal unless they go 5 days without eating. 1-3/4 small jars of baby food don't sound like much to me.

We did more touches,



more talking and lots of cuddling.


Then Marley was tired again and it was best to let him go back and sleep some more.






No comments:

Post a Comment