December 20, 2009

Marley "walkin" in his sling



Steve and I are so happy that Marley's personality is coming back and he seems more and more like our little boy.

He is eating his meals out of his regular bowl all by himself. His potty habits are almost back to normal schedule and he is getting stronger with more leg mobility. Even his constant licking has returned.

Marley gets Passive Range of Motion exercises up to 3 times a day. I say "up to" because we aim for 3 times but right now we won't fight with him to get him into the proper position. We're afraid of him resisting so we do our best and try to catch him lying on his side.


I continue the TTouch on him but I haven't been as good about wraps as I should. As he gets stronger in back I'll be more comfortable putting the wrap on him. Right now I have to balance him, keep his back straight and supported and then have at least one hand left to put the wrap on.

Today we got some video of Mar outside in his sling. It also shows how we keep repositioning his feet and shifting weight to the back so he gets used to the pressure on his feet.



We have a tentative appointment to start his swimming & hydrotherapy for December 26. I'm really looking forward to it on several levels. I'm excited to see what it can do for Marley, I think he will absolutely love the water, and I'm curious for myself too.

In the meantime Marley has been most patient with his required crate rest and his brothers are always near by keeping a close eye on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment