December 23, 2009

Marley Stands!

Marley had an interesting day today.

First off he isn't sleeping through the night and gets up to go potty or just because. Last night was one of those nights. Steve stayed up with Marley while I went back to bed since I had to go to work and he was on vacation. When I got up Marley was excited to see me and stood up on his own in his crate for about 30 seconds! I was so excited.

Today when Steve and I got home I noticed a lot of swelling in his spine area! I emailed photos to the hospital and they said it is Seroma which is a fluid build up.



We are to do warm compresses tonight and of course I added in some Raccoon TTouches to reduce the fluid. Right now it is working like a charm.

Here is the HUGE news of the day.....Marley stood for several minutes on his own to eat his dinner!!!





We are so proud of him and I just love the way he stumbled at one point and was quickly able to regain his footing.

Tomorrow we go to his follow up and get his staples out. I won't be sad to see the "zipper" removed from our boy's back one little bit.

Another recent milestone is I've figured out what to do for his rehab. I finally made a decision about his therapy!! I found a holistic Vet with hours I can make that does diet & supplements, physical exercise, weight bearing exercise, Hydrotherapy (deep pool and underwater treadmill) and also acupuncture. She offered large packages of sessions that will make it more affordable for us and you can mix and match services. Marley will go for his initial consultation on 12/30.

Things are really moving along nicely. I'm still holding out for my Christmas wish of Marley taking a couple steps on his own sometime Christmas day. Even if it doesn't happen Christmas day it is okay....it is getting more and more certain that he WILL be taking those steps sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment