December 21, 2009

Homework for Iggy

I think I have taken Iggy as far as I can go without out the introduction to a leash. Ground work is out if I can't give him signals with a lead of some sort. He does fine walking with Ben and I off lead but we need more.

Shana, a TTouch PiT suggested I try to acclimate him to a lead by first adding only the clip and then as he gets used to it to switch it out for one with a longer piece of lead on it until we get to a regular sized leash.

During the time I'm focusing on Marley I don't want Iggy moving backward. Yesterday I took his foster parents a bag with all sorts of leads & clips donated from friends at work.

Before leaving I clipped the lightest weight clip with no lead attached. Iggy wasn't sure about this and froze. I got him to eat treats and took the clip off and put it back on again.

Hopefully he will become more accepting and further along his journey when I see him next.

This is the sweetest boy and I look forward to the day he is more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment