December 15, 2009

Something New Every Day!

Sooo, everyday "something" has improved.

  • Sunday he finally ate;

  • Monday we figured out how to make it easy for him to drink;

  • Today.........he poooooooooooo'd!!!!
    Not only did he poo but Steve was upstairs changing clothes and heard a whimper downstairs and thought it was Pierre complaining about having to stay downstairs. But NO it was Marley whimpering. Steve took him out and he wanted to go to his "poo spot" and the rest is history!

  • Tonight he got so excited when I came in the front door he stood up and moved in his pen! Keep in mind that is on a foam mattress!!!!

  • He ate his dinner from a bowl all by himself. No hand feeding :-)
I have decided where I want to take him for hydrotherapy. Through all my local doggie contacts I keep getting pointed to one location about 30 min from our house. As soon as we get the "okay" from his surgeon Marley will begin 6 weeks of hydrotherapy!!! Swimming and under water treadmill. :-) He is gonna love it.

Steve and I decided Marley needed some cuddle time outside his pen. I turned on the fireplace in the bedroom and laid out a quilt on the floor.

We had a TTouch session that included some additional touches that Robyn suggested to me. We did Tarantula Pulling the Plow. I loved seeing his skin react and him turn to look what I was doing. I also tried to "candy cane" his legs with a 1" wrap but I don't know I did it right. He wore his scrunchies on his feet a bit too. Another thing I did that felt good to him was brush him with my Jelly Scrubber. We did touches with the big bumpy side and lots of strokes with the little bumpy side.

I don't know if it makes sense but I keep having a vision of actually moving the feeling and responsive areas into less responsive areas with touches and stimulating strokes. Kinda how people pass a cold or H1N1 I think I can "spread feeling". It is something I keep seeing in my mind so I'm going with it.

After our TTouch session I put him on the bed with me, pillows surrounding all the edges, and we "spooned" and cuddled for a long time. Each time he would snore or stretch his back legs I would smile.

Earlier today I had a talk with Marley and explained his pain and the surgery. I talked about how good he is being and all the fun he will have at water therapy. I reminded him he is perfect how he is and always will be our Perfect Marley Man regardless of how this walking thing turns out. But I know he is gonna walk again. Marley won't have it any other way....neither will we.

Go Marley, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment