August 23, 2009

The Confidence Course


The time has come! The most challenging facet of TTouch for me is the Confidence Course. Now, I've made the rope labyrinth but the only time I tried to use it with someone it was all tangled in a knot and I couldn't get it laid out right. It looked like something..but I'm not really sure what.

So this weekend I bought my PVC, Connectors and some pretty Red Electrical Tape! I started off making the Labyrinth in 4' sections so it would fit nicely in the trunk of my car. The "Star" needed 5' poles so those will have to ride shotgun when I go see a client.

Summer is not the time to work with French Bulldogs outside. This morning I was excited to put the finished pipes together and give it a shot. It was already heating up when we began.

Pierre volunteered to be first. I suited him up and off we went. You know, the good thing about pictures is they don't lie. Turns out Pierre's harness is too tight across his belly and I'm too tight on the lead.




Pierre did pretty well in spite of my leash work and a too tight harness.


Now it was Marley's turn...to be honest, Marley will need a bit more work. He really did not see the point of walking through the Labyrinth nor navigating the star. But he loves his momma and did it anyway....with a bit of coaxing.




Then there is Sammi. Typically Sam avoids anything that even resembles "work". Once Sammi realized he was not going for a walk he really started to have fun.



The great thing with me doing photos and videos of my work is I can send them to my Mentor, Cynde and get feedback right away. Things I wouldn't notice..Like Pierre's harness cutting him in half :-)

Now here is the million dollar question. Do you think my working with 30 pound French Bulldogs will help me prepare for working with a 142# English Mastiff that is a serious puller on the leash? I have a session scheduled with Sydney!


No comments:

Post a Comment