August 18, 2009

Duncan




Ask me to tell you about Duncan and I'll start by saying he is perfect! So, why then, would I be working on him when so many other dogs are in need? I work on Duncan because he feeds my soul. He refills my gas tank and gives me so much.





At times he really seems like a big version of our Pierre.







Duncan was adopted once a long time ago. Then he was found 1/2 starved and wandering many, many miles away. Thankfully his microchip was linked with the shelter he was adopted from and he was returned and nursed back to health.


If only we had a bigger yard.......if only Marley were more receptive to adding a dog........if only it were a good idea to have 4 boys........if only...........


One Saturday I decided to bring a little camera with me. I wanted photos of "My Duncan". I'm so glad I did. Turned out it was the same day Alfie decided to play.....it was also the day Duncan was adopted and my last time to be with him.








There seems to be a recurring thing going on here........tears. When I got the joyful email telling me that "my boy" and been adopted I sobbed so hard I though I'd be sick. Of course I was thrilled for Duncan and his new family......but for me, the pain was raw.


Don't get me wrong. I don't spend all my time crying. Most of the time my tears are of joy. But Duncan really touched my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment