August 18, 2009

Elektra

I'm so far behind that I've decided rather than to "catch up" I will just record some highlights.

Elektra is at the top of that list.





When I first started working with Elektra I found her to be an energetic, jumpy and playful girl. Imagine my surprise when someone says "I can't believe you are working on Elektra....snarled at me!". Hmmmm, I could only think to myself that maybe Elektra was having a bad day that day. I worked with her for a few months and she never showed me a naughty side.


One Saturday, June 13, I worked with Elektra and then she went into an Interaction with a potential family. They adopted her that day......I cried. Yes, part of me was sad to see her go but another part wasn't thrilled with a feeling I got from her new family. Sure enough she was returned 3 days later for failing to bond with the husband.


Our work continued!




A short time ago Elektra was adopted again. This time I didn't cry. Elektra was ready and her new home sounds incredible. It has been 3 weeks now and there is no sign of my girl. I really hope this adoption sticks.


No comments:

Post a Comment