August 18, 2009

Phantom Touches

I admit the whole idea of Phantom Touches seemed foreign to me.

Being open minded to ALL of TTouch and its possibilities I posted to the Practitioners list and asked for stories that may help me grasp the concept. One comparison really hit home. Think of a radio signal. You have a transmitter and a receiver. There is nothing in between to carry the signal and yet it is picked up by the receiver.

Why the sudden interest in Phantom work?

Because there is a dog who needs TTouch that I cannot touch right now. He is injured and infected beyond comprehension. I cannot touch his body right now. I won't even meet him face to face until tomorrow.

Here is his story:

Sam (or at least that was his name on the website before they removed it) was called in from a local Indian Reservation. He stumbled into a pow wow and some kind soul called for help.

"Sam" has what appear to be knife wounds and gouges in much of his body. Some injuries are down to the bone and many through the muscle. He is horribly infected and had a maggot infestation.

A wonderful person at the shelter removed all the "visitors" and shaved his back and other areas. He is on strong antibiotics and healing.

The law says they can only use life saving measures because technically he is a lost dog that could be reclaimed. Ugh! So anyway I need to work on him and due to laws, injuries and risk of further infection I can't touch him.

In walk Phantom Touches.

I've worked on him today via this photo.



Tomorrow I'll see him and do touches over his body but not touching. I'll concentrate on my intention and picture him in his perfection. He will start to know my voice as I do toning and will learn my face and smell.

After the 5 days are up and he is eligible to go to foster care I'll work with him frequently. At this point I'll be able to touch the body as healing allows.

Please say prayers for "Sam", think good thoughts, and if you know how - please send some Phantom Touches.

1 comment:

  1. he's beautiful. You're doing important work - thank you for that

    ReplyDelete