August 22, 2009

"Sam"


What an amazing experience I had today. I'm overwhelmed, really.

First, I'm bummed they are no longer calling him Sam. The name they have picked out for him is just awful and I plan to talk to his foster mom about changing it when she gets him. I tried today to get it stopped but no one saw it as a big deal. But to me he is still Sam.

Sam is a precious boy. I was very excited that they let me take him out of medical and do as I wished. Most of his wounds are "sealed" now. Healed enough that they have a light covering. However there are some that are very, very deep and wide.......or gaping open to the bone. (Sorry but you need to know that part to understand how I worked with him). I didn't want to work with him outside where I usually do because of the dirt & dust, other dogs that have eliminated on the grass, or risk any sunburn to his owies. I took him in a cool conference room with no lights and opened the outer door for a nice breeze.

I put out my pretty, freshly washed blue over sized beach towel and he laid right down. I was wondering how to get started as I sat down next to him. Before I even finished the thought he had cuddled up to me and put his head in my lap. I had my answer. I told him about my TTouch friends and that there are people all over the country and even in other countries that have been visiting him and working with him. I hoped it was okay that I gave them permission to do so. He just looked up at me with such soft and warm eyes.

I started with touches all over his head and face and the outside of his ears. I had to modify the ear slides as the inside of the ears are damaged. He allowed me to do snail tail and clouded leopards over the areas that had smaller, more healed, wounds. When I got to his back which looked very sore I did phantom abalone touches about 2" away from his body.........he actually shifted his position from time to time and provided access to other areas. For the wounds that were the worst of the worst I did the phantom raccoon touches around the edges from about 5" thinking the intensity from 2" may be too much.

We were together for about an hour. We did TTouch, talked, cuddled, more TTouch. Over and over again Sam showed me where he wanted the work. I've never seen such injuries in person before let alone touch anyone, or anything, in this condition. All I could see was the beauty of his face and his tender and gentle soul.

Please continue to keep Sam in your prayers and good thoughts. To those of you that have joined me in Project Sam, I appreciate you. Thanks to each and every one of you that helped me get a grasp on Phantom work. I really benefited from you sharing your experiences.

I hope Sam has made you feel just a little warmer and fuzzier today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment